Saturday, October 8, 2011

I have been sitting here looking at boxes for a couple hours now. There are a few sitting open and I feel progress has been made. Maybe not progress but the dinner plates have a home. I think I will write "find a home for dinner plates" on my to-do list than I can cross it off and voila! I have made progress.

Organization is the hurdle I have to overcome when I begin decorating. It is not my forte and definitely not a strength. Discovering your strengths and weaknesses is a really important step to completing any major project. So to compensate for my lack of organizational skills I enlisted the help of a dear friend. She should be here any minute with her brilliant organizational mind :)

Martha Stewert (despite her shortcomings) offers great tips on organizing that  are both creative and workable in small spaces. Here's her "tip for the day" on how to store boots.

http://www.marthastewart.com/274341/fall-organizing-tips/@center/276989/organizing?xsc=eml_org_2011_10_05#/228855

No comments:

Post a Comment