Sunday, October 9, 2011

In an Autumn State of Mind

The weather here does not seem to be behaving in its usual fashion! It is October and almost 80 degrees!!! This does not stop me from enjoying all the regular fall activities however. As I write a squash is baking in the oven with brown sugar, cranberries and butter :) It smells DELICIOUS! The smell and the leaves changing color put me in mind to begin decorating the apartment, preparing it for the Holiday season. My current project (besides settling in and putting everything together) is to find creative, fun ways to decorate. Some of my favorite places to get decorating ideas are furniture and accessory stores like Pottery Barn and West Elm. They have some really great display ideas.
Pottery Barn

Pottery Barn

I also found these fabulous and incredibly fun napkin holders that are really easy to make!!! The neat thing is you can make some for every season using different ribbon.



No comments:

Post a Comment